Int Poster J Dent Oral Med 15 (2013), Osteology 30. June 2013
Objectives: Immediate functional loading considered an advantage reducing time , cost and second surgery time. Implant design plays a great role to enhance osseointegration ; providing an additive. Aim of this study is evaluating the results of an immediate functional loading in single mandibular posterior region.
- Sixteen patients with very restrict inclusion criteria including bone quality , bone quantity and bone angle
- All patients evaluated by CBCT to identify the selection criteria
- Eighteen implants ( Kontact ®Implants, BIOTECH international)were received according to surgical protocol
- All implants inserted with insertion torque more than 35 N.
- All patients received straight nano post abutments and definitive restoration within 48 hours post implant insertion
- Radiographic evaluations were performed at the base line and after year to evaluate crestal bone level
- Three measures were obtained for each implant ; implant length at midaxis and mesial and distal crestal perpendicular bone lengths to the apical end of the implants ( used as reference point )
- Mesial and distal crestal perpendicular bone results were standardized with the known midaxis implant length
- Mesial and distal bone lengths were then averaged and the mean bone level change was computed.
- Seventeen implants were clinically successful , one implant failed due to infection , yielding a success rate of 95 %
- The radiographic crestal bone levels were expressed in millimeters from the top of implant platform to the first bone to implant contact
- The radiographic analysis reveals the mean crestal bone level change for one year was - 0.45 mm ± 0.10 mm.
Conclusion: With the limitations of this study concerning the sample size ; this prospective study indicates that immediate functional loading protocol can achieve a clinically predictable outcome with respect to restricted inclusion criteria of the patients.
Keywords: immediate functional loading, immediate loading, loading protocol
International Osteology Symposium 2013
May 2-4, 2013
Grimaldi Forum, Monaco